Monday, March 23, 2009

Modern Spring Dinner Party



One of easiest ways to make a statement when your entertaining is to set a beautiful table. Many of the tables that I see in magazines are beautiful but they look a little too "done" and generally very feminine. When I was thinking of this dinner I really wanted a very streamlined and modern look, with just the slightest touch of whimsy. This all started with the clementines stacked inside of the hurricane glass and went from there with a monochromatic orange color palate for the flowers from Trader Joe's for $5.99. As I stepped away from the table after putting the white table cloth on I realized it needed something to tie it all together, thats when I went digging in my wrapping station for the navy blue grosgrain ribbon for the center line. As I put out the dishes and silverware I was so excited that the navy blue anchor plates looked amazing in this whole scene. I lit all of the votives moments before the guests arrived and everyone loved it, after all it was 7 guys so I was glad I saved all of the pinks and lavenders for my easter brunch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This modern spring dinner bash seems amazing. It was truly an enjoyable read for me. My husband’s birthday is also coming and I will be hosting a grand surprise party for him. Have just booked his favorite LA venue for that. So excited.