Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Champagne Thanksgiving!

After we bought this amazing farm table in August I have been on a mission to create the most fantastic thanksgiving. I only wanted 8 people total so we could all sit together, there is just something nostalgic about saying "please pass the mashed potatoes" It reminds me of home. I had some pretty stiff competition from my mother and aunt, they have put on some amazing dinners! Weeks ahead i was scouring all of my cookbooks, and online for the right  the menu. when it was all said and done i ended up with three different potato dishes (sweet potato casserole, Au gratin, and of course mashed potatoes) and more desserts than you can shake a stick at! What i learned was its not about the perfectly balanced menu, its about the laughter around the table and creating a comfortable setting in our home.

No comments: